Lincoln County was the first in Tennessee to get electricity. Electric lines were built to the Blanche community and the first electric lightbulb was turned on in October of 1935.
The Lincoln County Electric Membership Corporation was formed by rural farmers and residents to bring electricity to the county areas. This system was formed as an electric cooperative.
Our electric department currently serves nearly 19,000 customers and maintains over 1,800 miles of electric lines in Lincoln County. Not only do we provide electric services, we also offer a variety of other services and programs.