To give customers a method to help control the cost of monthly electric and natural gas bills. This policy will allow customers to pay an averaged bill based on the prior 12 month’s usage/revenue with an adjustment factor determined by Fayetteville Public Utilities (FPU).
1. To be eligible the following must be met:
a. Have an active account at the current address for a minimum of twelve (12) months.
b. Your account must be paid in full and have a zero balance before enrolling in Budget Billing.
c. Customer applying for this plan must have applicable utility services in his/her name.
d. All residential accounts will qualify. Some small commercial accounts may qualify and will be considered on an individual basis, depending upon their load.
2. Budget Billing will have a “catch up” month which will be May of each year.
3. The required application must be completed and approved by Fayetteville Public Utilities.
4. All bills must be paid in full each month. A customer will be removed from the plan if delinquent in payment two times during any twelve-month period after being placed on the plan or if utilities are cutoff for nonpayment. A customer may cancel at any time.
5. Once removed from the Budget Billing Plan, the customer may be reinstated to the plan, if approved, after one year.
Approved by FPU Board of Directors – March 23, 2011
Effective date – March 23, 2011