Fayetteville Public Utilities
Payment Arrangements Policy
To establish a procedure for extending the due date to residential and general power customers that are experiencing temporary financial hardship.
The following requirements must be met to receive a payment arrangement:
- The account must be in the name of the person that is requesting the arrangement.
- A customer requesting a payment arrangement that is past the date on the disconnect notice must pay a minimum of fifty percent (50%) of the outstanding balance as a condition of being granted the extension.
- The payment arrangement must be signed by the customer requesting the arrangement.
- A customer will be eligible to receive no more than three (3) payment arrangements in a rolling twelve (12) month period.
- Customer cannot receive an arrangement after the designated date for that customer’s FPU billing route.
- In extenuating circumstances, the CEO/General Manager will make a decision whether or not to offer a customer a payment arrangement after consideration of the following factors, based upon information available from current utility records or provided by the customer or applicant:
- Size of past due account
- Customer’s ability to pay
- Customer’s payment history
- Reason for the outstanding indebtedness
- Other relevant factors relating to the circumstances of the customer
Approved by FPU Board of Directors – June 22, 2011
Effective date – June 22, 2011