Fayetteville Public Utilities
Delayed Payment Plan Policy
To give customers receiving a monthly social security or disability check, who request and qualify, the opportunity to pay their electric, gas, water and wastewater, and/or telecom bills later than the due date by allowing additional time to make payment.
- To be eligible the following must be met:
- Social security benefits OR permanently disabled receiving disability benefits must be the primary means of paying the utility bill. Proof of income must accompany application.
- Customer applying for Delayed Payment Plan must have applicable utility services in his/her name.
- The required application must be completed and approved by Fayetteville Public Utilities.
- The meter(s) will be read and billed as scheduled.
- All bills must be paid in full each month. A customer will be removed from the plan if delinquent in payment two times during any twelve-month period after being placed on the plan or if utilities are cutoff for nonpayment. A customer may cancel at any time.
- Once removed from the Delayed Payment Plan, the customer may be reinstated to the plan, if approved, after one year.
Approved by FPU Board of Directors - March 23, 2011
Effective date – March 23, 2011