Fayetteville Public Utilities
Budget Billing Policy
To give customers a method to help control the cost of monthly electric and natural gas bills. This policy will allow customers to pay an averaged bill based on the prior 12 month’s usage/revenue with an adjustment factor determined by Fayetteville Public Utilities (FPU).
- To be eligible the following must be met:
- Have an active account at the current address for a minimum of twelve (12) months.
- Your account must be paid in full and have a zero balance before enrolling in Budget Billing.
- Customer applying for this plan must have applicable utility services in his/her name.
- All residential accounts will qualify. Some small commercial accounts may qualify and will be considered on an individual basis, depending upon their load.
- Budget Billing will have a “catch up” month which will be May of each year.
- The required application must be completed and approved by Fayetteville Public Utilities.
- All bills must be paid in full each month. A customer will be removed from the plan if delinquent in payment two times during any twelve-month period after being placed on the plan or if utilities are cutoff for nonpayment. A customer may cancel at any time.
- Once removed from the Budget Billing Plan, the customer may be reinstated to the plan, if approved, after one year.
Approved by FPU Board of Directors – March 23, 2011
Effective date – March 23, 2011